The way of debugging the WSO2 product and WSO2 ESB connectors have slight differences.
When you want to debug a WSO2 ESB Connector just follow these steps.
I assume you are using IntelliJ IDEA for your development IDE.
- Clone any one of the connector from this wso2 extensions git repository
- Then import the connector into IntelliJ IDEA IDE.
- Then add Current ESB product into repository directory of the connector
- Then you need to create a debugger and set the debugging port.
Normally we set the debugging port as 5005. But you can set any port you wish to set as a debugging port.
- Then go to your connector directory home and enter the following line of code
mvn clean install -Dmaven.surefire.debug
- Then you terminal would show as the following image.
- The go to your IntelliJ IDEA IDE and run the debugger you have created on Step 4
Then the debugger will start and point the debugging point you set.
That’s all about simple WSO2 ESB Connector debugging using InteliJ IDEA.